Weapons of Mass Destruction Plan
Teachers are to calmly line the students up to go the Don Argo Community Gym.
Teachers are to take roll and check for any missing students.
Teachers are to take their Red Health Folder and First Aid Kit with them to the gym.
When arriving to the gym, teachers will take their class and sit together.
Teachers will take role one more time and report any missing students.
The “Search and Rescue” team will go and find any missing children.
The “Security” team will seal off the doors to the gymnasium upon clearance that all students are safe in the gymnasium.
No one will be admitted into the Don Argo Community Gym until the “weapons of mass destruction” threat has been cleared.
Upon clearance, all parents and/or emergency contacts will be notified before students walk home or are taken home on the bus.
Teachers will take roll and proceed with their students in an orderly fashion to the Don Argo Community Gym with their Red Folder and First Aid Kit.
Teachers will sit with their class at the designated areas in the gym.
Teachers will take roll one last time to check for missing students.
Teachers will give list to Patti Ross to compare with the daily attendance.
Luke Scott, Adam Argo, and Cheryl Day will go search for any missing children.
Penny Fry/Tonya Mills will bring all medical supplies and the Emergency Contact List to the gym. Lynn Weston will check to see if Penny/Tonya needs assistance.
When everyone has been accounted for, Luke Scott and Cheryl Day will lock the doors to the gym.
The following teams will put duct tape and plastic around the doors and windows of the gym:
Jessie Sprouse and Laura Argo
Luke Scott and Ava Hubbard
Joe King and Emily Jones
Scott Hubbard and Cheryl Day
Penny Fry/Tonya Mills and Patti Ross will man the telephones to inform the public that we are all accounted for in the Don Argo Community Gym and no visitors will be allowed in the gym.
If the television is functioning, Luke Scott and Cheryl Day will watch for updates.
The fire department will notify the school when it is safe to leave the building.
Penny Fry/Tonya Mills and Patti Ross will checkout all students. No students will leave grounds without a signature from a parent or a signature from an approved community member for the child.
All staff members will send any member of the media to the Carbonado Fire Hall. The official district response will be:
We followed our Community Approved Plan for this situation. Every staff member knew his or her responsibilities. The goal was to ensure the safety of the children at Carbonado School. By following the plan, we feel we accomplished this.
1) _____ Media Plan/Phone Response - All staff members will send any member of the media to the Carbonado Fire Hall. The official district response will be:
We followed our Community Approved Plan for this situation. Every staff member performed his or her responsibilities. The goal was to ensure the safety of the children at Carbonado School. By following the plan, we feel we accomplished this.
2) _____ Verify Facts - The Mr. Hubbard or Mr. King will verify the facts of the event and coordinate with staff.
3) _____ Consider Need for Legal Counsel - Mr. Hubbard will decide if legal counsel is needed.
4) _____ Staff Meeting/Debriefing - Mr. Hubbard or Mr. King will meet with staff the following morning for a debriefing.
5) _____ Identify Victims of Trauma - Staff will identify any students in need of medical or counseling support.
6) _____ Crisis Team Meeting - The Crisis Response Team (Mr. Hubbard, Mr. King, Ms. Visnaw, Mrs. Hix, and Mrs. Lukasiak) will meet to go over what is needed for the school and community.
7) _____ Contact Flight Team/Mental Health Agencies - Ms. Visnaw or Mrs. Lukasiak will contact our Flight Team Coordinator to bring up the team.
8) _____ Designate Family Liaison - If there was a fatality, Mr. Hubbard and the appropriate staff person will visit the family.
9) _____ Determine when/how school will resume – Mr. Hubbard will determine when school should resume and provide notification to the Carbonado Community.
10)_____ Hire Substitutes - Mrs. Patti Ross will try to hire additional substitutes for staff in need.
11)_____ Set Up Saferooms - Mrs. Lukasiak will designate rooms as Safe Rooms for students and staff in need of Flight Team members.
12)_____ Support for High Risk Students - Staff will identify any students in need of counseling.
13)_____ Identify Needs for Future Building Security – Mr. Luke Scott, Mrs. Cheryl Day, and Mr. Scott Hubbard will go through the school facilities to see where improvement is needed.
14)_____ Distribute List of Local Resources/Agencies as needed – Mrs. Lukasiak and Mrs. Hix will distribute list to those in need.
15)_____ Parent Letter/Meeting - Mr. Hubbard will plan a parent meeting to communicate how the process went for the school.
16)_____ Initial Planning for Memory Activity - If there was a fatality, Ms. Visnaw will plan the memory activity.
17)_____ Determine/Plan for Follow-Up Needs - The Crisis Response Team will meet to decide if there are any follow-up needs.
18)_____ Plan for Debriefings - Mr. Hubbard will debrief with staff at the end of the first school day and meet briefly with staff the second day (continue as needed).